The Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC has said it will not engage the services of university lecturers as returning officers n the conduct of the 2023 general elctions.
this is contained in a press release issued by INEC, saying its staff will serve as returning officers during the exercise.
decided that they will not use University Lecturers as returning officers for 2023 Election. INEC will use only their staff for the exercise.
The statement reads in part “INEC today Inaugurated the Committee for NATIONAL SITUATION ROOM AND COLLATION CENTRE FOR THE 2023 GENERAL ELECTION
1. Mrs. May Agbamuche-Mbu, National Commissioner – Chairperson
2. Prof. Abdullahi Abdu Zuru, National Commissioner – Member
3. Barr. Festus Okoye, National Commissioner – Member
4. Director, Electoral Operations – Member
5. Director, ICT – Member
6. Director, Planning and Monitoring – Member
7. Director, Security – Member
8. Director, Election & Party Monitoring – Member
9. Director, International Cooperation & Protocol – Member
10. Director, Research – Member
11. Director, Health Services – Member
12. Director, Estate, Works and Transport – Member
13. Chief Technical Adviser to the Chairman – Member
14. Special Adviser to the Chairman – Member
15. Chief Press Secretary to the Chairman – Member
16. Director, Commission Secretariat – Member/Secretary
The Situation Room and Collation Centre Committee was inaugurated by the Chairman of the Commission, Prof. Mahmood Yakubu, who charged it to commence work in earnest and to discharge its responsibilities diligently.
THIS IS WHAT THE NEW ELECTORAL LAW SAYS ON OUR NEXT ELECTIONS*:
1. No manual accreditation.
2. No use of incident forms.
3. All accreditation is electronic.
4. Accreditation is Bimodal meaning facial recognition and finger printing.
5. No pre-election cases after conclusion of Elections..
6. No election cases after swearing into office of the winner.
7. All results must be uploaded to INEC official website at the polling units before taking it to ward, constituency, LGA or state collation centers.
8. If the number of votes cast is more than the accredited voters the polling unit result is cancelled.
9. No more agreement between parties to share the remaining ballot papers that were not used.
10. No more massive thump printing and stuffing of ballot boxes. If you like go and steal ballot boxes you are wasting your time. You cannot change the result.
The people’s votes are counting now. If you didn’t serve the people well when in public office or you are not popular in your political locality, it is advisable to save your money because they will collect your money and vote against you.
End of ballots snatching has come to stay in Nigeria. With the amendment of Nigeria Electoral Act, our votes now counts.